TOUR SNORKELING ISLA DEL CAÑO
Caño Island Biological Reserve is located about 20 kilometers off the coast of the Osa peninsula. In the pre-Colombian époque the island was used as a cemetery by the former natives of this land.
The island is surrounded by five platforms of low coral reefs with many coral species. The coral reef environments are home to many different species of fish, e.g. parrot fish, Moorish Idol, Crocodile Needlefish, Guinea Fowl Puffer, Cornet fish and schools of Jack Fish, to name a few), and other aquatic animals such as sea turtles, sting rays, morays and white tip sharks.
For a snorkeling or diving tour to the island, we leave at 7:30 a.m, we will take the boat to get closer to the Island. During the approximately 1 hour boat trip you may see dolphins and sometimes even whales (August to December).
You will snorkel or dive in the biological reserve at two different locations in front of the island and be able to observe the fascinating underwater world. You will always be accompanied by a tour guide who will lead you to the best spots and be able to teach you about the taxonomy of the many species you encounter.
Around noon you will have lunch at a scenic beach (San Josecito beach) or depending on the weather back at Drake Bay
The tour includes:
- Certified guide (English and Spanish)
- Very comfortable boats with enough spaces for our clients. (all our boats have roofs)
- Includes insurance just like policies.
- All Snorkeling equipment and also for children
- Safety equipment (life jackets)
What can you bring to the tour:
- Sun glasses
- A poncho in case it rains
- Extra clothes
- Flip flops
- Swimwear. (light clothing)
- A cap (a) or also a hat.
- Important if you have your own snorkeling equipment you can bring it without any problem.
- Bring Viajesan pills in case you feel dizzy.
- Cream blocker